Come network and earn CPE credits at the final ISSA Pittsburgh Chapter meeting of the year on Friday, December 8, 2017. ISM’s very own, Gary Johnson, Director, Cyber Solution and Engineering, will be presenting on The Next Generation of Endpoint Protection.
The Next Generation of Endpoint Protection- In 2017, AV-TEST registered over 250,000 new malware samples every day. This rapid growth in malware samples has grown their database to over 700,000,000 unique malware samples. As the number of malware samples have increased, so has the number of devices connected to the Internet. This proliferation of malware combined with a drastic increase in the number of devices connected to the Internet have created a need for a different approach to endpoint protection.
In this presentation, we will take a look at the evolution of endpoint protection solutions, compare the approach various vendors have taken to combat the latest threat and make a few predictions on what the next generation of endpoint protection will need to combat the growing threat.
There will be 2 CPE given to attendees of the lunch meetings.
Registration will begin at 10:30 am, first presentation starts at 11:00 am.
Meeting location: The Gulf Tower; Gulf Theater. 707 Grant Street on the 3rd floor.
Cost: $10 for members of AITP, ARMA, InfraGard, ISACA, ISC2, ISSA, OWASP, Steel City InfoSec and TRCPA with advance registration
$15 for non-members with advance registration
$5 for students with advance registration
To register in advance for this meeting contact Mike Sotace at firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for advance registration is TBD, there is an extra $5.00 charge for registration after this date.
Join us for a full day of training by industry leaders discussing some of the latest topics in tactics and techniques for preparing for cyber-attacks. This conference will feature a variety of presentations and cutting edge training opportunities, including hands-on demonstrations and workshops.
Developing and Connecting Cybersecurity Leaders Globally.
The Information Systems Security Association (ISSA)® is the community of choice for international cybersecurity professionals dedicated to advancing individual growth, managing technology risk and protecting critical information and infrastructure.
ISSA is a not-for-profit, international organization of information security professionals and practitioners. It provides educational forums, publications, and peer interaction opportunities that enhance the knowledge, skill, and professional growth of its members.
The primary goal of the ISSA is to promote management practices that will ensure the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information resources. The ISSA facilitates interaction and education to create a more successful environment for global information systems security and for the professionals involved. Members include practitioners at all levels of the security field in a broad range of industries such as communications, education, healthcare, manufacturing, financial, and government.
Click on the following link to register by March 9th: https://www.fbcinc.com/e/ISSA-ISC/default.aspx
**CEUs/CPEs certificates will be sent out via email after the conference to those who attended the sessions.
|IT Vendor Expo at Department of State|
Location: Washington, DC
Date: March 2, 2017
Time: 9:30 – 1:00
All Department of State personnel and contractors are invited to this one-day event where you will have the opportunity to view and demo some of the latest IT products and services available in today’s marketplace which are designed to support the workforce and all IT-focused personnel.
|Products and Services on Display|
Our company will be on-site showcasing our newest products and services, including:
All personnel are invited to attend this expo at no cost.
ISM would like to invite you to join over 600 senior attendees, more than 50 speakers, and countless sponsors and exhibitors at the 7th Annual Billington CyberSecurity Summit, the leading fall forum on cybersecurity in the Nation’s Capital.
Admiral Michael Rogers, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command and Director, NSA, joins 25+ Top Cybersecurity Experts to tackle the tough issues of cybersecurity and discuss where we are headed next.
Venue: Ronald Reagan Building & International Trade Center
1300 Pennsylvania Avenue NW
Washington, DC 20004
Date: Tuesday September 13th 2016
Agenda and Registration Information [<–Click Here][.gov & .mil attend for free]
GOVERNMENT AND MILITARY SPEAKERS
• Admiral Michael Rogers, Commander, U.S. Cyber Command, Director, NSA/Chief, CSS
• Tony Scott, Federal CIO, Admin. for E-Government and Info. Technology, OMB (invited)
• Dr. Eviatar Matania, Head of the National Cyber Directorate, Prime Minister’s Office, Israel
• Aaron Hughes, Deputy Assistant Secretary of Defense for Cyber Policy, DOD
• James Trainor, Assistant Director, Cyber Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation
• Andy Ozment, Assistant Secretary for Cybersecurity and Communications, DHS
• Donna F. Dodson, Chief Cybersecurity Advisor, NIST and Director, NCCOE, NIST
• Brigadier General (ret.) Gregory Touhill, Deputy Assistant Secretary, CS&C, DHS
• Ciaran Martin, CEO, National Cyber Security Centre, GCHQ, U.K.
• Richard Hale, Deputy CIO for Cyber Security, Department of Defense
• Sanjeev “Sonny” Bhagowalia, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Information Systems and CIO, Department of the Treasury
• Michael Daniel, Cybersecurity Coordinator, The White House
• Major General Paul Nakasone, Commander, Cyber National Mission Force, U.S. Cyber Command
• Major General Christopher P. Weggeman, Commander, Twenty-fourth Air Force and Commander, Air Forces Cyber (AFCYBER)
- Major General Loretta E. Reynolds, Commander, U.S. Marine Corps Cyberspace Command (invited)
• Neal Ziring, Technical Director, IAD, National Security Agency
- Kevin Mandia, CEO and Board Director, FireEye
• John Scimone, SVP and Global Chief Information Security Officer, Sony Corporation
• Jeffrey Massimilla, Chief Product Cybersecurity Officer, General Motors Company
• Dr. Michael Papay, Vice President and CISO, Northrop Grumman
• Thomas K. Billington, Founder and Chairman, Billington CyberSecurity
• Maj. Gen. (Ret.) USAF Earl Matthews, Vice President, Enterprise Security Solutions, Hewlett Packard Enterprise
• John Worrall, Chief Marketing Officer, CyberArk
• Kiersten Todt, Executive Director, Presidential Commission on Enhancing National Cybersecurity
• Malcolm Harkins, Global CISO, Cylance
• Karen Evans, Co-Chair, CSIS Cyber Policy Taskforce
• Deborah Golden, Principal, Federal Cyber Risk Services Leader, Deloitte & Touche LLP
• Michael Brown, Rear Admiral, United States Navy (Retired), Vice President and General Manager, Global Public Sector, RSA
• Andy Zembower, Sr. Director-Operations, Cyber and Intel Solutions Division, General Dynamics Mission Systems
• Steven Grossman, VP, Program Management, Bay Dynamics
• Mark McLaughlin, Chairman, President, and CEO, Palo Alto Networks
• Michael Daly, Chief Technology Officer, Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions
REGISTER TODAY [<–Click Here]
SEPTEMBER 1 @ 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Washington, D.C. Tech-Security Conference features 40-60 vendor exhibits and 8-12 educational speaker sessions discussing current tech-security issues such as cloud security, email and social media security, VoIP, LAN security, wireless security, USB drives security & more. Numerous door prizes such as iPads, Kindles, $25, $50 and $100 gift cards and lots more! You’ll come away with advice and knowledge so you can start proactively protecting your environment from the latest security breaches. Your registration will include your breakfast, lunch, conference materials and entrance into the conference sessions and exhibit area. THIS CONFERENCE QUALIFIES FOR CPE CREDITS. Scroll down to view the full conference agenda.
For information on participating as a vendor: email@example.com
**2016 Pittsburgh Tech-Security Conference**
Place: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Pittsburgh- Downtown
1 Bigelow Square
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Date: Thursday, August 4th, 2016
Click on the following link to register for your free VIP pass:
- VIP passes include Breakfast, Lunch, Conference materials and Entrance into conference sessions and exhibit areas.
- This conference qualifies for CPE credits and Certificates of Attendance.
- Gift Cards, iPads, Kindles and many other door prizes and give aways.
- Featuring (11) IT Security speakers and over 30 exhibits!!
For full conference agenda click on:
Or call Stephanie Lange at 636-778-9495 for more information.